The Delaware County Board of Commissioners is currently seeking to appoint one member to the Board of Zoning Appeals for a term commencing January 1, 2023, and expiring December 31, 2027, and one member to the Rural Zoning Commission to fill an unexpired term that expires December 31, 2024.
The Board of Zoning Appeals consists of five (5) members, and up to two alternate members, who serve five (5) year terms. Members shall be residents of the unincorporated area of the county included in the zoned area (Marlboro, Radnor and Thompson Townships) with no more than two members residing in the same township. Currently, interested candidates must be residents of either Marlboro or Thompson Townships.
This Board works in conjunction with the zoning inspector and other local agents to ensure that policies and practices are being adhered to and enforced. Specific responsibilities of this Board include:
- Hear and decide appeals due to alleged error in any order, requirement, decision or determination made by an administrative official;
- Authorize, upon appeal, variance from the terms of the zoning resolution;
- Grant conditional zoning certificates for the use of land, buildings, or other structures if such certificates are provided for in the zoning resolution.
The Rural Zoning Commission shall also be residents of the unincorporated area of the county included in the zoned area (Marlboro, Radnor and Thompson Townships). This Commission works in conjunction with the zoning inspector and other local agents to ensure that policies and practices are being adhered to and enforced. Specific responsibilities of the Rural Zoning Commission include:
- Preparation of the zoning resolution, both text and map(s);
- Initiation of amendments to zoning text and map(s);
- Make formal recommendations on all amendments.
Interested individuals can apply by using Delaware County’s online application portal. It can be accessed at https://humanresources.co.delaware.oh.us/employment/. For any questions regarding this application procedure, please contact Matt Brown, Delaware County Human Resources, 740-833-2125 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed Board Appointment applications must be received through the application portal no later than 11:59 p.m. on Nov. 10, 2022.