The social media accounts of the Delaware County, Ohio, government organization are maintained for the purpose of disseminating Delaware County government speech and information. All content posted on these accounts is a public record and is subject to public disclosure. The primary purpose of these accounts is for government speech, but the ability to post comments serves as a limited public forum for constituents to respond or react to that government speech, subject to the following comment policy:
These accounts are actively moderated, and certain types of posts or comments are not considered protected forms of speech and may be subject to removal. These include posts that:
(1) are libelous, profane, defamatory, disparaging, hateful, harassing, threatening, graphic or obscene;
(2) violate another’s copyright or intellectual property;
(3) condone or promote illegal activity;
(4) are fraudulent, deceptive or misleading;
(5) contain spam or are intended to cause technical disruptions to this page;
(6) are off topic or do not pertain to the topic of Delaware County’s government speech; or
(7) violate any local, state, federal, and/or international laws or regulations.
Any user who repeatedly posts comments that violate these guidelines may be subject to having their ability to post on these accounts blocked.
Questions regarding Delaware County’s social media policy can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.